PDA

View Full Version : MSM's Manjit Singh appointed president of Indian Broadcasting Foundation

Shadow
01-10-2012, 16:19
MSM's Manjit Singh appointed president of Indian Broadcasting Foundation Louise Duffy | 01-10-2012 Manjit Singh, CEO of Multi Screen Media, has been named president of the Indian Broadcasting Foundation (IBF). Singh replaces Uday Shankar, CEO of Star India. Shankar was appointed president in 2010; before Shankar, Jawahar Goel, managing director of Dish TV, was the president for six years. The council has appointed three vice-presidents: Rajat Sharma, chairman of India TV; Sunil Lulla, MD and CEO of Times Television Network (erstwhile vice-president); and Punit Goenka, MD and CEO of Zee Entertainment Enterprises (erstwhile treasurer). Rahul Johari, senior vice-president and general manager, South Asia, Discovery Network Asia Pacific has been named the new treasurer for the executive council. Shankar said: "The last two years have been very important for the broadcasting industry, with new changes and technology being ushered in. I have had the most eventful tenure as president as I witnessed all these changes happening right in front of me, be it DAS [digital access system] or institutionalising the self-regulating mechanism in the form of Broadcasting Content Complaints Council [BCCC]." Singh said that digitisation was the industry's biggest challenge at present. "With very little time left for implementation, the IBF must take the lead on the issue," he added.