BBC Three receives £10MN programming investment DetailsJoseph O'Halloran | 08 March 2018 The turnaround in BBC Three's fortunes two years after it was dropped from the corporation's broadcast grid continues as the online channel has now received an additional £10 million investment to launch a new editorial pillar.In its time, the channel has discovered its true identity and become the home for popular dramas and comedies as well as cutting-edge documentaries covering subjects dear to the heart of its young audience base.When BBC Three moved online in 2016, it organised its commissioning activity around two editorial pillars - make me laugh and make me think - which BBC Three says has seen it achieve success with a raft of award-winning shows such as Fleabag, Murdered By My Father, People Just Do Nothing, Murder In Successville, American High School and Sex, Drugs And Murder: Life In The Red Light Zone.Under the new pillar, BBC Three will extend its focus and says that it will be on the look-out for it what it calls 'ideas with feel-good, entertaining propositions at their heart that celebrate and unite young people and get them talking'. The new pillar is intended to inject a different tone to BBC Three and provide more creative opportunities for programme makers to connect with young audiences in addition to the original offers.Commenting on the move, BBC Three controller Damian Kavanagh said: "This is an exciting creative moment for the channel and the production community as we are broadening the scope of our commissioning. We have received extra investment in recognition of the great work we have been doing since moving online and we have ambitious plans for the next stage of our journey. Our aim is to bring a new spirit to our content which celebrates young people and their passions by commissioning new, innovative, contemporary takes on fact-ent, formats and entertainment which will unite and inspire our young audience."Among the new programmes that will be seen on BBC Three in the coming months will be Phoebe Waller-Bridge's new writing project Killing Eve; new films from Stacey Dooley that look at 'punishment' attacks in Northern Ireland in Stacey Dooley Investigates: Punishment attacks - Shot By My neighbours (w/t) and Stacey Dooley Investigates: Preparing For The End Of The World; and a film from Annie Price, presenting her personal story of becoming a mum for the first time.