RTL confirms fictional content management change DetailsEditor | 11 December 2019 As part of its plans to streamline its programming division, responsible for the development and realisation of in-house produced series, films and US fiction, Mediengruppe RTL has announced a shake-up of the division’s senior management.From 1 January 2020, the company will combine fiction with its linear TV channels and its streaming platform TVNOW. The move will see head of fiction Philipp Steffens return to production while Frauke Neeb and Hauke Bartel be jointly responsible for all fictional offerings across the RTL media group.During his tenure at RTL, Steffens was responsible for the International Emmy award-winning Deutschland83 and for commissioning successful German TV drama The Teacher which is currently in its eighth season. He was behind strategic talent-driven network decisions which saw the commissioning of shows including Magda Will Manage.Commenting on the move, Steffens said: "The last five years at RTL have been exciting, fascinating and characterised by great team spirit and a common will to succeed. Together, my editorial team and I have developed big ideas and tackled ambitious challenges. I am most grateful to my colleagues and team for their trust, cohesiveness and dedication.”Neeb’s credits include producing hit series Der Club der roten Bänder and she has already worked closely with Bartel in distribution. She moved to VOX in January 2018 as a fiction editor. Bartel has been head of fiction at VOX since April 2017 and credits include series such as Das wichtigste im Leben.